Sunday, December 28, 2008

Bitter

Playing in 3NT, opponents silent.

QJT86
KJT
A852
A
73
A74
Q6
KQT872


Of the 6 tables playing 3NT by south, 4 had a heart lead. At all tables, the heart was ducked to east's queen. I am the only one who ducked the queen.

Where is the justice in the world? The most straightforward way to make is if clubs are 3-3, which in this case they are, but how exactly are the souths who rise with the ace of hearts on trick 1 expecting to return to their hands?

Every south except me got overtricks. Me, I decided to test spades first, seeing that I can also make if spades are 3-3, but clubs are not. Every other south lucked into a diamond entry to hand and 3-3 clubs. Sure, I got 3-3 clubs, too, but out of the 11 hands plyaing 3NT, I was the only one without overs.

But I'm not bitter, really....

No comments: