Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Best of Times/Worst of Times

Hand earlier today. I end up with the boss trump (spades), boss diamond. Dummy has running clubs, and declarer knows I'm out of hearts. Declarer can only lose one more trick when he leads a low heart to the board.

I duck, and watch as my diamond loser goes away. I was honestly yelling, "I am an idiot!"

Later,
WestNorthEastSouth
  1p
1p1p
2p2p
3p3p
5p6p
pp 


6
AKJ5
J9854
AK6
AT84
Q7642
Q954


Ace of hearts won on the board. Declarer runs a diamond to his hand, winning with the 7. Back comes the king of spades.

Only 3 of the 8 diamond slams that were bid made. While I'm no expert on fsf auctions, this time I knew partner was out of hearts. Win 9.3 IMPs, and a tiny bit of redemption.

Honestly, though, I have SO FAR to go.

No comments: