Monday, January 11, 2010

1 Step Forward...

This weekend I played quite a few hands, and learned 2 things:

- I don't overcall or balance enough.
- When playing for fun, I let my brain shut off, and make very poor decisions.

The only thing that makes me feel good about my play this past weekend was this hand:



Not sure if this was the best line, but I started on clubs. A low club yielded the King from LHO, so I won. I then returned to hand, and ran another low club. Both times, I was prepared to duck if LHO did. This time he did, and I did, too. RHO won the with the ten, which meant that I was safe.

He was even nice enough to return a diamond for an overtrick.

This line fails to 4-1 clubs, and KJT on my left, but if the JT are split, I can make on any 3-2. The key is not to let LHO lead a diamond, especially if they wind up being 5-3.

No comments: