Monday, March 29, 2010

Learning, or Lack Thereof

Saturday night, before I went to bed, I checked the BBO Beginner/Intermediate forum, and came across this problem. It took me until the next morning to figure it out.

6 hours later, I played this hand, and completely forgot the lesson I'd learned.



Sad part it, it's the same bloody problem. I was just in too much of a hurry to think it through.

*sigh*

We had our third narrow loss in the Sunday morning teams match. This time, the key hand was my mistake, and it was a rookie one. Really awful play by me, as I saw the risk, miscounted, and talked myself into making the mistake. Sad part is, there's probably no upside to the way I played it anyways (or at least very VERY little).

Still, despite being only 1-3, we're third in an 8 team league, only 9 VPs out of first. Of course, we're only 4 VPs out of 7th. :)

1 comment:

kuhchung said...

Hmm, well it's not exactly the same problem. You're virtually cold if you just ruff a spade immediately. They've already taken their CA, so just make your contract.

On the other one, ruffing a loser immediately sacrifices a trump trick. The key was that it was a slow loser, so you had the timing to generate a pitch for it.